Early Division Predictions: AL East
Okay, I know that it’s still really early in the offseason but I feel the need to write about my super early division rankings. What that basically is, is what placements I think teams are going to receive in their divisions. Over the next 6 to 7 days I will be writting my different division rankings. First up is the AL East:
1. Yankees: They just got CC and A.J. Burnett and replaced Giambi with Swisher while also getting a great pitching prospect in the White Sox trade, Kanekoa Teixeira, in exchange for Betemit,and pitching prospects Jeffrey Marquez and Jhonny Nunez. Rivera’s one of the best closers ever. They have a stacked line up and a killer rotation.
2. Rays: Solid rotation with Shields, Kazmir, Garza, and Sonnastine. Don’t forget about David Price their pitching stud. They can use Grant Ballfour, Dan Wheeler, or Troy Percival, if he’s healthy, in the closer’s role. They have Evan Longoria, Carlos Pena, and B.J. Upton who are players who consistently deliver and have a stacked farm system and will dominate for years to come.
3. Red Sox: Good rotation with Dice-K, Beckett, and Lester leading the way. Papelbon is dominant in the bullpen. Having Lowell out hurts them but they still have a great line up and they are a nice combination of old and new.
4. Blue Jays: Roy Halladay leads a questionable rotation now without A.J. Burnett. They have Wells, Rios, and intriguing players Travis Snider and Adam Lind. Need to at least acquire a mid- level pitching player to have a slim chance of competing in this tough division.
5. Orioles: Obtaining Mark Texeira would give them an immense boost to their offense. Their best hitter right now is Nick Markakis and he is a stud. The Orioles need more pitching for sure as their rotation headlined by Jeremy Gurthie isn’t really steady. Sherril is a decent closer and Matt Wieters will be the 2009 AL Rookie of the Year if Price doesn’t beat him out.
Look for the rankings of the AL Central in the next two days.
Bye for now!
Posted on December 19, 2008, in Dailies and tagged A.J. Burnett, AL East, Blue Jays, CC Sabathia, David Price, Dice-K, Division Predictions, Evan Longoria, Kanekoa Texeira, Mark Teixeira, Matt Garza, Matt Wieters, Orioles, Rays, Red Sox, Roy Halladay, Yankees. Bookmark the permalink. 4 Comments.